The California Alliance of Rehabilitation Industries (CARI) mission is to help people with disabilities find employment. Over the years, CARI has partnered with hundreds of government agencies and rehabilitation programs to successfully employ thousands of persons with disabilities. In 1999, CARI received the Governor’s Employer of the Year Award for its efforts.
For persons with disabilities, simply put, it’s the best job they have ever had because…
- It builds self esteem.
- It generates greater independence.
- It promotes self-sufficiency.
- It encourages efforts to deinstitutionalize person with disabilities.
- It provides training, employment and wages
- It develops pride
- It generates a greater sense of community involvement.